Our experience and knowledge comes from over 100 earthquakes globally. We provide total solutions that focus on high-performance engineering to achieve resilient buildings that suffer less damage, are more economical to repair and result in much lower construction costs.
- High-performance seismic engineering design
- Integrated structural and geotechnical engineering
- International and New Zealand experience
Our integrated service approach combines local and international seismic experts in structural and geotechnical engineering, with experience from over 100 earthquakes globally. We adopt a project management approach to provide a total solution which includes assessment, design and construction services. We focus on high-performance engineering to achieve resilient buildings that suffer less damage, maintain business continuity and are more economical to repair.
BUILDING EARTHQUAKE ASSESSMENT, STRENGTHENING + REPAIR
- Building seismic assessment, strengthening design and implementation
- Earthquake strengthening assessment, repair and design – residential and commercial
- Specialist heritage building strengthening and repairs
Our engineers have undertaken thousands of structural assessments and provided design services on a wide variety of building types including residential, commercial, industrial and historic properties throughout New Zealand. Our surgical approach to seismic strengthening projects has been proven time and time again to reduce the cost and time of construction.
Commercial + Residential New Build
- Commercial and residential structural, new build design
- Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) building consent
- Client representative and project leadership services
Our clients benefit from an integrated methodology; we manage the process from start to end and take full accountability for the project delivery. Our design approach is client-specific and projects can range from low complexity residential home extensions through to complex seismic designs for multi-storey commercial buildings, using technology such as base isolation and dampers for low damage buildings.
- Building surveying
- Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) post-repair compliance, assessment and remediation
- Expert witness and peer review services
- Seismic risk management - insurance programme assessment
- Mediation and dispute resolution support
- 3D laser scanning
Miyamoto’s service extends beyond engineering to offer whole of project service; from professional building surveying to reviewing weather tightness issues, to expert witness services where our experience includes over 100 complex legal projects. Our team is trusted with portfolio risk management defining and managing risk of high profile property portfolios with major international clients.
Predicting the cost and engineering consequences of a major seismic event in the Wellington region.
On Thursday 4th May, Deloitte and Miyamoto International are launching a special report that assesses the ongoing disruption to Wellington caused by the Kaikoura quake. Plus, using Deloitte’s economy-wide model, we also estimate the fiscal impact of a similar event within the Wellington region.
This informative session will see Wellington leaders and influencers gather to discuss the report and how the city should prepare, and will also include presentations from Deloitte Partner Linda Meade and Kit Miyamoto, CEO of Miyamoto International and California Seismic Safety Commissioner.