Miyamoto Building Surveying Ltd has Registered Building Surveyors (NZIBS) and Licenced Building Practitioners (LPBs) who operate in association with the wider Miyamoto organisation to provide our clients with a total wraparound service incorporating Building Surveying, Structural Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering.
We are a leading provider in engineering & construction consultancy services
Based in Kāpiti, our Building Surveyors can provide private clients with weathertightness inspections, condition assessments, remediation strategies for residential and light commercial properties.
We have extensive experience in working with national and local government bodies on condition assessments, and reporting on public buildings and social housing to include providing advice on remediation strategies and pricing.
Our team can also undertake assessments to determine whether completed building work complies with the NZ Building Code to enable the issue of Code Compliance Certificates (CCC) and Certificates of Acceptance (COA).
We work with the insurance industry and private clients to undertake earthquake damage assessments on residential and light commercial properties.
• Building Condition reporting – Residential, light commercial, public facilities (Libraries, Community Halls, Museums, Theatres etc).
• Developing remediation strategies/plans, Scope of Work, Architectural briefs, costing and pricing.
• Project Management.
• Access to Structural and Geotechnical Engineering.
• Experience with SPM asset assessments (Local Bodies).
• Timber assessment and remediation plans for “leaky buildings”.
• Weathertightness assessments and remediation.
• Timber analysis and testing.
• Developing Long Term Maintenance Plans (LTMP)
• Assessing completed building work for the issuing of Code Compliance Certificates (CCC) or Certificates of Acceptance (COA).
• Coordinating mould and air testing assessments.
• Earthquake damage assessments.