At Miyamoto, it’s our people and our purpose that make us stand out. It’s our heart behind everything that we do that makes us authentic, and it’s our local and global experience that make us experts. Right now, we are looking for an Associate Structural Engineer to provide additional leadership and technical expertise to our growing Auckland office and national team. This role will ideally suit a great all-rounder who is interested in taking on responsibility across a broad range of consulting engineering activities including project and people leadership, client relationships, winning work and technical delivery. A leader who wants to work for a dynamic organisation and can see their thoughts and ideas come to life. Someone who communicates well and wants to contribute to new and better ways of doing things, grow staff capability and capacity, and delivers excellent projects.
Who is Miyamoto?
Miyamoto NZ is a locally-owned specialist engineering and construction consultancy. We are part of Miyamoto International, with over 70 years of experience providing seismic engineering and project services globally. Our experience and knowledge have accumulated from involvement in over 100 earthquakes. We work together as a global business, to provide our partners and communities expertise that no one else can offer.
As a purpose-driven company, we are looking for quality, dedicated people who align with our commitment to Save Lives and Positively Impact Communities. Miyamoto is living this purpose through active involvement in post-disaster environments, bringing specialist skills when most needed to support reconstruction. In recent years Miyamoto has been on the ground in Haiti, Nepal, Ecuador, Mexico and of course Christchurch, within days of destructive earthquakes to establish capability and support long-term rebuild programmes.
We’re looking for someone who is genuinely passionate about making a difference, providing authentic and responsive client experiences, and supporting our people and business to grow.
Tell me more about the job!!
- Mentor and coach more junior Engineers
- Provide specialist knowledge, advice, and technical design leadership
- Contribute innovative ideas on ways we can improve our service and delivery
- Build staff engagement and support staff to discover their purpose and how it fits into our strategy
- Lead and motivate team members at multiple levels
- Build and maintain strong client relationships generating repeat business
- Demonstrate effective communication, networking and consulting skills.
We are looking for:
- A chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- 10 + years of practical application of principles and practices within a discipline
- Proven experience and a track record in a consulting environment
- Experience in people leadership and project delivery
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Sound judgement, initiative and ability to self-manage
- Excellent communication skills
Want to join our team?
We will offer you an employee-centric environment and culture. Where you will feel like you are part of something great, looked after, and empowered. You will have access to some great staff benefits and fun events to attend.
In return for your professional approach and experience, you will be well rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, the opportunity to work with a close-knit team in a progressive, growing organisation that provides future development options and values your individuality and personal strengths and is committed to our purpose of saving lives and positively impacting communities. If you are ready to take on the challenge of supporting our team of high-performing professionals, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
For more information about Miyamoto please visit our website at www.miyamotointernational.co.nz
All applications must be received no later than Sunday, 24 March 2019. Please note that only applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in New Zealand will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to AssociateStructuralAuckland@haystackjobs.net