REGISTERED BUILDING SURVEYOR
National Diploma in Construction, Management, New Zealand Certificate in Building, NZIBS Diploma in Building Survey
Steve has experience in the construction industry as a project manager and tradesman engaged in residential, light commercial and major additions and alterations, both in New Zealand and internationally. Steve owned his own construction business on the Kāpiti Coast for twelve years, focused on new residential construction, light commercial, and major renovations.
Steve is experienced in managing both small and large multinational and multi-cultural teams in a variety of challenging situations and remote environments throughout the world. As an Officer in the NZ Army, at the time he managed up to 200 people and resources.
Steve is passionate about delivering succinct reporting to Clients and providing a transparent relationship. Steve brings to his clients a ‘no-surprises’ approach and believes communication is key to a successful project.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Building Condition reporting – Residential, light commercial, public facilities (Libraries, Community Halls, Museums, Theatres etc).
- Developing remediation strategies/plans, Scope of Work, Architectural briefs, costing and pricing.
- Project Management.
- Access to Structural and Geotechnical Engineering.
- Experience with SPM asset assessments (Local Bodies).
- Timber assessment and remediation plans for “leaky buildings”.
- Weathertightness assessments and remediation.
- Timber analysis and testing.
- Developing Long Term Maintenance Plans (LTMP)
- Assessing completed building work for the issuing of Code Compliance Certificates (CCC) or Certificates of Acceptance (COA).
- Coordinating mould and air testing assessments.
- Earthquake damage assessments.